Science communicators need to be careful when using charged words like “Frankenstein” to describe the Omicron variant when many unanswered questions remain.
Your calls about:
- Should children 5-11 years of age get their vaccine now that Omicron is here?
- Should a 75 year-old woman get her fourth screening colonoscopy when the others were negative? Are there procedure risks based on age?
- When should someone be prescribe a cholesterol-lowering statin medication? How is this determined?
- Diagnosis and treatment of Restless Leg Syndrome
- A man note his blood pressure is 92/55. He is taking medication for high blood pressure. What should he do?
Sunday House Call, #817, November 28, 2021: The words we use matter in science communication Play Now | Play in Popup | Download