In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 22 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He is host of the evidence-based medical show Sunday House Call, now in its seventh year, every Sunday afternoon from 4 to 5 PM on News Talk Radio 580 CFRA. You can also contact Dr. Dworkin online.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Clinical trial started to detect breast cancer using a urine screening test
- 3-D laser printer used to create part to help repair child's airway
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call May 22, 2013
- Suicide contagion in teens shown in new study
- Oral therapy approved to replace allergy shots for grass pollen allergies
- Old antipsychotic medication helps kill Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus (MRSA)
- The Ontario Government's decides to replace old mammography tech but not the most ancient machines in use
- Sunday House Call, #441, May 19, 2013
- Experimental drug reverses of cognitive impairment in Alzheimer mouse model
- The media-induced nocebo effect is quite real
- Genetic screening tests create their own set of risks and dilemmas
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call May 15, 2013
- Angelina Jolie has double mastectomy to prevent BRCA-induced breast cancer
- The risks of off-label newer generation antipsychotic medication use in children
- Sunday Night with Rabbi Bulka, May 12, 2013
- Sunday House Call, #440, May 13, 2013
- Nanoparticles control blood sugar levels
- Alberta bans bodychecking for peewees
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call May 8, 2013
- New understanding of cause of restless leg syndrome may lead to new treatments
- FDA wants tanning beds risks to be regulated like CT scanners