In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 26 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on The Morning Rush with Bill Carroll where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 1 to 2 PM on Rob Snow’s News and Views
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Assessing first-aid responder safety is the initial step before offering assistance
- Sunday House Call, #615, May 28, 2017: Counting on calories that aren't properly counted
- Certain lung cancer cells have greater ability to capture sugar to promote rapid tumour growth
- Fentanyl invading Ottawa increasingly responsible for greater proportion of overdoses
- Wednesday House Call May 24, 2017: Forests and swimming pools; pests and pestilence
- Ottawa designated at-risk for Lyme disease transmission
- 7-month-old fed "alternative" gluten and lactose-free diet starved to death
- Sunday House Call, #614, May 21, 2017: Your TV disease of the week
- 3D-printed ovaries implanted in sterile mice and some gave birth
- Teen died from cardiac arrhythmia due to rapid consumption of various caffeinated drinks
- Wednesday House Call May 17, 2017
- Trump's views on exercise and energy expenditure not grounded in science
- Poor study design cannot link negative consequences of 'catch-up' sleep
- Sunday House Call, #613, May 14, 2017: The anti-vaxer playbook and tactics
- Let your expert sushi chef be your protector from parasites