In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 26 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on The Morning Rush with Bill Carroll where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 1 to 2 PM on Rob Snow’s News and Views
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Wednesday House Call June 21, 2017
- Drug companies volunteering some info on payments and gifts to docs need to go to full disclosure
- Aging population, lifestyle choices, and increased lifespans influencing lifetime cancer risk
- Ontario doctors reach binding arbitration deal with Ontario government
- Sunday House Call, #618, June 18, 2017: Coconut oil, butter, olive oil, or beef lard. What would be your choice?
- Basic science uncovers gene that influences tanning in mice and in vitro skin cell cultures.
- Clinical studies required to support claim that cannabis can aid in opioid withdrawal and reduce use
- Sad commentary when teens now must know signs and symptoms of opioid overdose as prom night nears
- Wednesday House Call June ,14 2017
- How does heat stroke occur?
- Biggest Loser producer's comments exemplify fat-shaming attitude so destructive to people with obesity
- Sunday House Call, #617, June 11, 2017: The long-game strategy of junk food ads targeting children
- Study suggests that pregnancy presents same risk of breast cancer recurrence compared to control group
- No causation can be drawn from cow's milk study stating that it helps kids grow taller
- Wednesday House Call June 7, 2017: When superlice attack, duck and cover and shave your head!