In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 24 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Cholesterol-lowering statins are associated with cataracts but causality cannot be proven and absolute risk increase is 0.5%
- Talking about mental health is to be encouraged but the lack of infrastructure to treat people creates great frustration
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call January 28, 2015
- Lack of evidence for family doctors to take patient's weight as part of addressing obesity
- Theta-burst therapy treatment story includes anecdotal reporting and an a yet-to-be-completed/published clinical study
- Sunday House Call, #518, January , 2015: Who Da Thunk It? Your Favourite Hollywood Celebrity is Also Your Doctor!
- Tim Caulfield and Yoni Freedhoff coming up on Sunday House Call
- Vaping benefits and BPA declared safe by European Food Safety Agency
- Intriguing association between pneumonia and older individuals and development of heart disease. Mechanism needs to be elucidated
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call January 21, 2015
- More observational data on sitting and death risk. More robust data needed before you draw any conclusions
- Study provides information on when and how the media should report epidemic details to help curtail the spread of disease
- Flu vaccine strain selection mismatched with what has arrived in Canada
- Dairy Farmers of Canada commission "study" that promotes more consumption of their chocolate liquid candy milk in schools
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call January 14, 2015