In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 26 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on The Morning Rush with Bill Carroll where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 1 to 2 PM on Rob Snow’s News and Views
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Medical office blood pressure readings may underestimate true blood pressure
- Mouse study illustrates connection between sleep-loss and sugar/fat craving (aka doughnuts)
- Wednesday House Call December 7, 2016
- Do repeat yearly flu shots lose their efficacy?
- Study states more research is needed to determine process responsible for the relationship between alcohol and Atrial Fibrillation
- No evidence to recommend drinking lots of fluids for a cold is beneficial other than for companies that promote their hydration products
- Sunday House Call, #595, December 4, 2016
- Wednesday House Call November 30, 2016
- Sunday House Call, #594, November 27, 2016: Let's treat likes its 1796!
- Salt craving a potentially innate brain function modified by our genes
- Wednesday House Call November 23, 2016
- Aristotle's fake philosophy paper published in "science" journal
- Salmonella love bagged salad juice
- Sunday House Call, #593, November 20, 2016: Health headline tomfoolery
- Study to compare MRI vs PSA screening for prostate cancer. It will not be able to answer if it improves survival