In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 24 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Wednesday House Call July 13, 2016
- Superbugs' potential to share genes with other bacterial bretheren
- Being cold may give you a cold if you are tissue in a culture dish
- Sunday House Call, #578, July 10, 2016: Our existing anticancer vaccines. Why do not we use them more?
- Wednesday House Call July 6, 2016
- Camp experiences severe viral gastroenteritis outbreak
- Approved abortion pill not yet available and non-evidence-based prescribing restrictions
- Brazil's Health Minister trying to mitigate his country's Zika pariah status
- D'oh! Now I can't eat my cookie dough
- Sunday House Call, #577, July 3, 2016: Golden Rice saves children's lives but Greenpeace will have none of that.
- Study expresses concerns about polypharmacy among the elderly
- Wednesday House Call June 22, 2016
- Mom's emotional posting of what whooping cough has done to her baby
- Health Canada decides to "ease" restriction on gay men blood donations
- Sunday House Call, #576, June 19, 2016; The irradiated edition