In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 24 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Oxycontin approved for use in children 11 and up in U.S.
- New device might help reduce Zika-carrying mosquito populations
- Sunday House Call, #584, August 28, 2016: The Sneeze Olympics
- New book looks at impact of electronic devices on young children's development
- Wednesday House Call August 24, 2016
- Revised sugar intake guidelines for children from American Heart Association
- Replacing sugar-laden drinks with water has potential to help with weight loss if included with a permanent lifestyle change
- Another food puff-piece promotes fish and meat for breakfast to stay in shape: Show me evidence not opinion
- Study shows being fit and having obesity will still trigger genes that lead to type 2 diabetes
- Study demonstrates your life expectancy is intertwined with what you eat, drink, smoke, and do
- Wednesday House Call August 17, 2016
- Nasal spray flu vaccine as effective as jab
- Muscle repair stymied by alcohol intake? Study says yes if you down 4-8 vodka/waters in 10 min post-exercise. NFK
- Sunday House Call, #583, August 14, 2016
- Wednesday House Call August 10, 2016