In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 24 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Marijuana prescribing guidelines: The cart before the horse
- Lung flute can help alleviate COPD symptoms and improve quality of life
- Sunday House Call, #504, September 28, 2014
- Researchers find protein in chemo-resistant ovarian cancer cells that when inactivated allows chemo to work
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call September 24, 2014
- Calorie reduction promise from soda pop producers does not jive with "Magically when they turn 12, we'd suddenly attack them like a bunch of wolves" - Coke executive*
- Study looks for best combo of exercise type and dietary counseling for obese teens
- Small study demonstrates signs of dementia before diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria; hives that erupt without warning
- Sunday House Call, #503, September 21, 2014
- Blood test uses biomarkers to try to identify and diagnose depression and monitor response to therapy
- The background on liposarcoma
- Ebola now certified epidemic in West Africa
- Afternoon Edition - Wednesday House Call September 17, 2014
- Look for old strain of cold virus spreading around Canada that taxes kids with respiratory conditions