In addition to running a successful family medicine practice for 24 years, Dr. Dworkin is an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa and received his medical degree from McGill University in Montreal.
He wrote a weekly column in the Ottawa Citizen’s Health Section from 2000 to 2005, and a column in the “Treating Teens” section of The Medical Post.
Listen to Dr. Dworkin on 580 CFRA every weekday morning at 6:50 a.m. on “Madely in the Morning” with Steve Madely where we add perspective to the media hype. Find him Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM on Rob Snow’s Afternoon Edition.
* The advice, clinical studies and recommendations presented in audio and written articles on this website are for general educational purposes and not diagnosis. You should consult your physician or other health professional directly before beginning or changing a course of health treatment.
- Wednesday House Call May 25, 2016
- Hormone discovery may help explain positive metabolic effects of exercise
- Study's data review indicates almost half of all heart attacks have no signs or symptoms
- Study suggests men face similar fertility issues as they age
- Forcing anti-vaxxer parents to take an immunization course will lead to the Backfire Effect
- Artificial sweetener link to infant obesity is biologically implausible
- Wednesday House Call May 11, 2016: The Ontario Government will send you to a shelter now that they have clawed back your widow's pension
- Health Canada pondering reduction in maximum daily acetaminophen dose
- More dramatic headlines about "skyrocketing" e-cig nicotine poisoning in children by whopping 0.1%
- Lack-of-sleep study does not state that you will become "functionally" drunk despite the headlines
- Sunday House Call, #572, May 8, 2016: CDC on ADHD: Too many kids on meds before behavioural approaches
- "Universal" cancer cure media claim is just a tad premature
- Wednesday House Call May 4, 2016
- The 1-minute workout? Hold on, just wait a minute!
- Sunday House Call, #571, May 1, 2016